Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I’ve Started Training…Have You??

"Come on… you can do it!”….. Just left 5 minutes to finish my workout! As usual, I was motivating myself to complete 50 minutes of workout session in the gym on last Sunday (after finished my shopping in 1 Utama and Subang Parade). Running on the treadmill is the least exercise I will do compared to the stepping machine. I am thinking of participating in Ipoh’s 10km run which was the reason treadmill being chosen.

200 calories burnt after 50 minutes RUNNING on the treadmill with an average speed of 6.5km/hr. I was totally exhausted after the workout and I realized that “ I felt my knee is PAINFUL!”… So can I still go for the Ipoh run?? That was my first thought.. My Second thought, not sure whether 200 calories is equal to a plate of “Spaghetti Meatballs”.. Try to burn off my dinner…hehehe..

Since my leg is painful, no more exercise (especially running) for me these 2 days.. but don’t worry friend, I will join u all training at Subang Jaya’s track this week Thursday.. Hopefully this time we can make it! (finger cross)..

Last night, I came across this article “Will A Few Cocktails A Week Make You Fat?” It is an interesting topic which I would like to share with you all (since that we will be having more and more parties and manggis wine at USJ 11/3L). “Do you know how cocktail calories add up???” “ What do you think could a margarita really do as much diet damage as a slice of chocolate cake??’’.. Here, some calorie counts for popular drinks (applies to alcoholics only :)

Light beer 103 calories

Champagne 105 calories

Red wine or white wine 124 calories

Mojito 150 calories

Regular beer 153 calories

Martini 175 calories

OUT OF SIGHT!!!

Pina colada 462 calories

Frozen Margarita 740 calories

Long Island Iced Tea 780 calories

So Virgin Margarita, anybody???


3 comments:

Boone said...

Hmm... looks like it's less fattening to eat a Big Mac than to have a Margarita. Need to run 10k just to burn off the long island tea. I wonder how much long Island tea is that? 1 jug?

sugarNspice said...

Definately is not 1 jug... is just 1 glass

Harry said...

Thank goodness I'm not an alcoholic